Rickshaw puller dies from electrocution after electric wire falls on vehicle

A rickshaw puller in Chittagong’s Oxygen area succumbed to his burn injuries caused by an electric shock when an electric wire from a pole fell onto the vehicle.

The deceased has been identified as Jahed Ali, 38. He was a resident of Palashi Union in Aditmari upazila of Lalmonirhat District.

The incident took place at 9:30am near Oxygen Intersection under Bayezid police station, said Kamruzzaman, senior station officer of Bayezid Fire Service and Civil Defence.

The passenger of the rickshaw managed to get down immediately. 

The rickshaw puller succumbed to his injuries at the burn unit of Chittagong Medical College and Hospital on Sunday. 

The vehicle owner Manju Mia confirmed the identity of the injured and said: “Jahed has been driving my rickshaw on rent for about two and a half years. He resides in Tanari Battal, near Baluchara, with his father-in-law.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *